Wednesday, March 26, 2014

life is good.

As I type, I can hear my husband chopping and sawing away in the garage, turning gigantic trees into firewood to heat our home. And it occurs to me, just now, how amazing this life we're living really is. Sure, we're buried under snow, but we are finally doing it! Living our dream! We have our house out in the woods, far away from the hustle and bustle of town. We are heating our house solely on wood- and currently, my husband is taking it a step further by harvesting dead/fallen trees on the land surrounding us.

some of the fruits of Aaron's labor today.


We are moving closer and closer to the quiet country life that we've always dreamed of. This spring, we will plant seeds into our very first garden, seeds which will grow into fresh, healthy, homegrown food for my family. Also, as soon as it warms up we will be building a chicken coop and run and raising chickens! Those cute baby chicks will eventually grow up and provide us eggs and (possibly, if I can wrap my head around it) meat for our family. They will be raised the natural, healthy way. Allowed to live full, happy lives and just BE CHICKENS. That makes my heart so happy!

As much as I love modern society and science, and all that it has done for humanity... we really just want to get back to our roots. Isn't that funny? I know there are plenty of people in this world who LOVE their busy, nonstop lives in the city, but it's not for me. If you need me... I'll be in my house in the woods. As soon as it warms up, we will be outside running, playing, exploring, and learning... and I might have my camera in hand ;)

When you stop to think about it, life is amazing. It really is. Even if you aren't living the life you imagined yet, the fact that every little thing you do is just another step of your journey... it's mind blowing.

ps: a special shoutout to my husband. Without him, none of this would be possible. He has given me everything I've ever asked for and more. I have the best husband I ever could have asked for. Truly blessed! I love you Aaron Patrick! ♥ 






1 comment:

  1. It is great to hear that things are working out so well for you and your family! :)

    ReplyDelete

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
-Dr. Seuss