Monday, June 17, 2013

enjoying our last Texas summer... our summer bucket list

Although the first day of summer isn't technically until Friday, somebody must have forgotten to tell our weatherman because we have been sizzling here in Texas!

Thinking about this beautiful weather made me realize that we've been focusing so much on our move to Costa Rica that I've almost been wishing our last few months here in Texas away! That's a shame, because we have truly enjoyed living here. The weather is great, and the people are almost as warm and inviting... which isn't the case in midwest. If we were to settle down in the US, we'd probably buy a house somewhere right here in the Lonestar State. It's bright and sunny here nearly every day- that's something I'll miss once we move to Costa Rica- particularly during the rainy season! 

There are so many neat places to explore and things to do right here in Texas. I've been wanting to get out and see more of the state- well, no better time than now! We will probably be moving away in September, so I figured we had better make the most out of our last summer here. And that led me to create... our summer bucket list!







































I really hope we manage to do everything on the list above. There were even more interesting things we've been wanting to check out, but I wanted to keep the bucket list small so we could realistically complete it. I'll be sure to take plenty of pictures and blog about it :) If you're ever in Texas, email me! I have bookmarked all kinds of fun ideas, especially for families with small children.

1 comment:

  1. Jack was born at the Nix right on the riverwalk in San Antonio! It is beautiful.
    and Sea World is amazing. I hope you truly enjoy your last summer in Texas! :D

    ReplyDelete

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
-Dr. Seuss