Friday, April 23, 2010

New beginnings.

Well hi there!
Time for the obligatory introduction.
So you know what you're getting yourself into: I'm Jess. I'm an enthusiastic, outgoing, 20-something redhead with a love for the environment, nature, and animals. I'm a little obsessed with organizing and cleaning (no really- my closet is color coordinated). I'm stubborn and opinionated and will sometimes be tempted to go on long rants about things I'm passionate about (animals, breast feeding, baby-led weaning, cloth diapering, attachment parenting...). And I'm pretty longwinded. Think you can handle that? Ok, good.
I married my highschool sweetheart on August 4th, 2009 (don't worry, we took a year off to "explore" at one point) and have been enjoying the ups and down of the army lifestyle ever since. So far, there have been unexpected cross-country moves, promises made and promises broken, laughs, tears, and plenty of smiles. It's not always rainbows and sunshine, but hey, that's just how life is. My husband and I support each other through thick and thin. I've known him for eight years now, and he is the best friend I could ever ask for.
After much discussion, we made the decision to begin actively trying to start our family in March of 2010. Not too long after, we received the exciting (and somewhat shocking!) news that we will be moving to Camp Casey, South Korea in July. SURPRISE! So... it looks like our TTC (and pregnancy) journey will be much more eventful than what we'd originally thought. I'm a little nervous about possibly being pregnant and giving birth in a foreign country, but I'm also very excited. My husband and I have decided not to let our move change our plans.
This blog will mostly chronicle the bumpy road of trying to conceive and the new opportunities and challenges along the way as we settle into our new home overseas. Hopefully, it will soon transition to a pregnancy blog and then (the best part!) a full blown baby blog. I have lots of fun ideas and things in store, so stay tuned!
Oh, and this is my hubby and I, on our wedding day:

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
-Dr. Seuss