Wednesday, April 28, 2010

RAWR!

Well, today didn't start off badly. In fact, I tested this morning and got a light pink line, which my husband and I thought looked like a positive. So I went to my physical in a genuinely hopeful, positive mood. Well, when I told the nurse that I might be pregnant, she said something along the lines of, "God. Here you come walking in here in your cute little sundress, looking about 13, and then you tell me that you might be PREGNANT." Yes, you read that right. She told me I looked like I was thirteen years old. Excuse me? I'm pretty sure I don't look prepubescent, thankyou-very-much. Well, when I explained where I was at in my cycle, she kept saying it was probably too early to test and that she really doubted I was pregnant. (Cuz, you know... apparently she could tell just by LOOKING at me...) But eventually she agreed to do a pregnancy test. After I peed in a cup and waited a few minutes, she proudly came back with a huge grin on her face and proclaimed, "NEG-A-TIVEEE!" I made it very clear that I was actually hoping I was pregnant. Yet she still rubbed the prognosis in my face and didn't even bother tiptoeing around my feelings.
When the doctor finally came in, she said they'd do a blood test Monday if I still hadn't gotten my period. SO I GET TO WAIT EVEN LONGER, yay me. Not. Even though I know that it could've been too early for the test to pick anything up, and that I have a good chance of still being pregnant... I'm really losing hope.
So thanks, Ms. Insensitive Nurse, for ruining my day. Oh yeah, and thanks for doing that pap smear that I really need for my command sponsorship paperwork... NOT. For some reason she decided to schedule that for Tuesday instead of just doing it while I was there. Makes a lot of sense, huh?

1 comment:

  1. Wow yes! this was my biggest fear when going to the doctor that they would think I was far too long.
    I was actually dreading them asking if I wanted a termination but nobody said anything.
    I was pretty glad.
    Maybe its cos my husband looks at least 30?

    ReplyDelete

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
-Dr. Seuss