Monday, April 26, 2010

Lesson Learned.

Trying to Conceive Lesson #567: Don't test early.
Just don't do it. Especially if your cycles tend to fluctuate and you aren't 100% positive when you ovulated. Trust me.
I woke up today and the box of First Result Early Response tests were calling to me. I reminded myself, no, it's too early to test. And the FRER box replied, "but you COULD get a positive. It happens. Wouldn't that be the BEST way to start off the day?" It all seemed to fit together- I'd just woken up with a full bladder, I had three tests waiting for me (would I really miss just one?), and that box is such a seducing shade of hot pink, how could I really resist? So, I tested. And a full three minutes later, the test lay in the garbage with only one pink line and I left the bathroom in a considerably worse mood than when I'd entered.
I know that most women don't get positives until closer to (or after) the scheduled arrival of their periods. And many, many people get negatives (more than once!) before getting a positive. So I will just keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best. No matter what, I refuse to test again until Friday, when my period is due. But now I'm starting to wonder if maybe all of these supposed symptoms are either imagined or just the byproduct of some nasty bug that I caught.

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
-Dr. Seuss