Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Lazy Sunday

First of all, it is SNOWING outside. I am SO ready for the sun to come out and the snow to melt so that on lazy days like today, I can take Elliot outside. I'm sick of winter. For me, winter loses it's appeal right after New Years. As soon as the holidays are over, this dreadful season should end!
I always miss my husband more on the weekends. Probably because he works long hours all week, so Saturday and Sunday are "our" days. So yes, thanks to this dreary weather, I've spent half the day today thinking about how much I miss my husband and {I'll admit it} feeling a little sorry for myself. I'm ready to move to wherever our next duty station is and actually start start living our life as a little family of three.
Oh well. At least I have this cute little guy to cheer me up:
Grinning away

9 comments:

  1. I'm sure you really don't want to hear this.. but Truitt is in his first Shorts of the year... well its a short romper but still it's 85. BUT I'll be complaining in about a month when it's already 100 with 90% humidity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's snowing here too! We live in the U.P., must not be too far from you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how big he is getting. He looks like such a happy baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snowing! I would be so mad! I've been a big grump just because it's been a little chilly and rainy here. I understand missing your hubby... I've had plenty of happy times since mine has been gone, but it's not the same without him here. I hope that the time flies until your next duty station.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear ya, winter makes me wanna barf, I'm so over it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. elliot is adorable! and i hope you get some warm weather soon!

    you commented on my blog about how you almost fainted when you saw how big owsley was. well, he is remarkably larger than his older brother was. owsley is already 15 pounds, and gage was only 17 pounds at a year old. so yeah, it's pretty crazy to me too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I have winter depression - I always go into some kind of mood when it is cold and dreay during the winter months. as soon as the sun is shinning and it is warm....way better mood. I think I need to move to hawaii....

    I couldn't imagine being away form my husband with a new baby...it must be so hard for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad I'm not the only one in a winter funk!

    ReplyDelete

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
-Dr. Seuss