Monday, May 3, 2010

Musical Monday.

Every Monday, I will do a family/kid friendly musical Monday, where I will talk about a band, group, or artist that I like. And of course, it has to be something that I would have no problem playing in the car with kids or in a nursery. :)
This week: Iron & Wine.
Iron & Wine is american singer-songwriter Samuel Beam's stage and recording name. Het was born in South Carolina, grew up in Florida, and now lives in Texas with his wife and four daughters. He recorded his first album in 2002, and has since released four other albums. His music is soft and soothing, with powerful, original lyrics, and includes the acoustic guitar, banjos, slide guitar, and several brass instruments. His songs have appeared in several TV shows (such as Grey's Anatomy and House) and in several movies (most notably, in Twilight).
I discovered Iron & Wine during my freshman year of college, when I really started branching out and looking into new types of music. My favorite album is The Shepherd's Dog, which I plan to play in our baby's nursery.



Please vote for us :)

Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!

1 comment:

  1. Me and my baby listen to this all the time. Love Iron and Wine!

    Cute blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
-Dr. Seuss