Monday, July 12, 2010

Hello heartbeat!

We had an OB appointment with our new doctor today. I loved him! He was hilarious yet still answered all of my questions. It's too bad that we won't be delivering here in the states. We heard the baby's heartbeat today for the first time, which was amazing. I was grinning like a maniac and when I looked over at my husband, I was happy to see that he had an insane grin on his face, too.
"I always say that if the baby cooperates, it's a boy. If not, it's a girl," the doctor said. Well, sure enough, it took awhile for him to find the heartbeat. But once he found it, there was no question- the baby's little heart was pumping away strongly at 159 beats per minute.
We will have an ultrasound this week, so that Aaron gets to see the baby, and another at my next appointment, when I'm 19 weeks, for the anatomy scan and to find out what we're having. I can't wait to finally get a glimpse of our peanut! My next appointment is on August 9th.
I'm still pretty giddy from actually hearing our little one's heartbeat. It was the most amazing thing I've ever heard.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! What an exciting appt!
    Too funny, we both had appts today and we both have appts on 8/9 =)

    GL with your anatomy scan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our heartbeat was 159 this last visit too! I'm so glad everything is going so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Major preggo brain moment... our heartbeat was 149*!

    ReplyDelete

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
-Dr. Seuss