Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Growing belly.

16 weeks :)
I didn't take a picture last week because I was feeling a little overwhelmed.
I'm feeling better now. It still drives me insane that I'm facing the unknown, but I'm doing so with a more positive attitude. Watching my belly continue to grow is comforting. I just keep picturing the baby inside, kicking happily, unaware of his/her birth defect.
I'm flying out east to be with family tomorrow. I'll be back on Friday the 6th, and we have our meeting with the geneticist, ultrasound, and amnio on the following Monday. I think I'll feel even better once I actually know what we're up against.
Keep growing, little one!

3 comments:

  1. Your bump is beautiful!!! I can't wait for the results to come back because I'm really thinking that O will be the only problem

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jess, I found your blog through another O mama's blog and just wanted to say I know how scary it it when you get the diagnosis, but you're so right about the amnio. Once that comes back, you can really start to get a handle on what you're up against. Praying that everything is perfectly normal and you have a great outcome. Feel free to check out my blog if you want to: whosayslifeisfair@blogspot.com. Our baby's O was small and through some miracle that I can't even grasp fully, it completely resolved in the last few weeks before he was born (even though all the docs told us this would not happen). Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just caught up- i'm so sorry you're dealing with this!

    i'm praying for awesome amnio results!

    <3

    ReplyDelete

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
-Dr. Seuss