Tuesday, August 17, 2010

20 weeks!

Halfway there!
"Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies respond best to tastes they've already had via amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you'd like your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch."

How far along? 20 weeks- officially halfway through this pregnancy. I remember thinking how 20 weeks would be one the of the best milestones when I first found out I was pregnant... and now, here I am already!
Baby’s Size: A cantalope- 10 1/2 ounces and 6 1/2 inches.
Total Weight Gain: 15 pounds.
Maternity Clothes: Oh yes! Definitely!
Gender: I'm thinking blue.
Movement: I'm feeling it more and more! :)
Sleep: I've been extra tired lately and have been going to bed around 10pm... which is sometimes earlier than everyone else in the house, lol.
Symptoms: Back pain, achy abdomen.
Best Moments this week: Getting to talk to my husband for several hours this week. It was great to hear his voice and to be able to really talk about things. Such as girls names- which I can't decide on.
Food Cravings: Ice cream, but I haven't been indulging myself too much lately... I'm trying to make sure I don't gain too much weight too fast... it seems like I've put on more weight than most other women in my January Birth Club.
Food Aversions: Still pork/ham. *shudder*
What I miss: Some of my regular clothes. I need to buy myself some more loose shirts! I've been having to do laundry twice a week because my wardrobe is very limited right now.
What I am Looking forward to: My next ultrasound in three weeks, and payday (September 1st). There are a lot of baby things that I want to buy!!
Milestones: I'm officially halfway through this pregnancy. Only about sixteen weeks until I get to meet Peanut.
Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!
Please vote :)

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't worry about the weight gain. Based on the pictures you have posted you were very thin and healthy before so you need to gain more for baby to be comfortable!

    I was sure baby bean was a girl because we couldn't agree on a girls name either but we were surprised with a boy.

    Congrats on halfway. Actually you're over halfway!!! Doesn't that blow your mind?! When did that happen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the sweet comment and for stopping by! I really have to give most of the photo credit to my camera, it has made me a much better photographer. And congratulations on being halfway! The last half really does fly, least till those last couple of (large) weeks :).

    ReplyDelete

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
-Dr. Seuss