Tuesday, August 31, 2010

22 weeks!

22 weeks- spaghetti squash!
"At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily."

How far along? 22 weeks
Baby’s Size: A spaghetti squash- and almost a pound!!
Total Weight Gain: I honestly have no idea, I haven't weighed myself lately.
Maternity Clothes: Yep! And sundresses. I've been DYING in this 90-degree heat lately!
Gender: Team pink, perhaps?
Movement: This little one is a moving machine! The kicks are getting much stronger now, too.
Sleep: Horrible. Simply horrible. I've been SO HOT and haven't been able to stay in one position for more than a couple minutes at a time. In fact, the only way I've been comfy is on my back- and I can't sleep that way! Darn.
Symptoms: My ankles have been swollen and sore all week.
Best Moments this week: My husband sent me flowers and a teddy bear (for Peanut) earlier this week. :) Such a thoughtful man.
Food Aversions: Who are we kidding? I'll eat almost anything these days.
Food Cravings: EVERYTHING.
What I miss: Not having to try on everything in my closet before finding something suitable for church. My wardrobe is now so limited- and I really need to buy some nice maternity shirts or dresses or SOMETHING. I've been living in athletic shorts and tank tops lately, and, well, that just doesn't cut it for church.
What I am Looking forward to: I have another ultrasound next week! I can't wait to see Peanut again.
Milestones: Ummm... I bought a dresser for the nursery? :)


Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!

3 comments:

  1. All my diapers are BumGenius. I made myself pick one brand and stick with it. I knew if I had more than one I'd keep buying other brands to try them and totally cancel out the money saving aspect of cloth!

    BumGenius discontinued their line of bright colors this spring,I think it had to do with production issue, and they hope to bring them back again soon -- prints too!

    There are three new colors that I don't have that are pale pastels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on 27 weeks... welcome to the 3rd trimester, it just gets more & more fun from here on out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to sleep on my back, too. So I prop my body pillow under my side so I'm kinda turned to the side but still have something under me.
    Good Luck sleeping!

    ReplyDelete

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
-Dr. Seuss