Sunday, August 15, 2010

An Inspiration.



This is one of the most inspiring stories I've ever heard- and what a wonderful way to support and embrace life. This is a beautiful story about love and acceptance. And to think, many of these babies are never born because doctors encourage the parents to terminate the pregnancy. I think what this couple did, by choosing to keep their son and leave his fate in God's hands, was extremely courageous. In the 99 days of Eliot's short life, he opened his parents' (and many others!) eyes and truly taught them something about life and love.
This video struck a nerve with me, because we were originally told that our baby had a high chance of having either Trisomy 18 or 13. We firmly stated that we would NOT terminate if a chromosomal anomaly was found. Thankfully, we don't have to worry about it anymore... but I'd like to think that we would have loved our child in the same way.

2 comments:

  1. My son died of Trisomy 18. If I found out that another baby I carried had a trisomy, I would give them the same chance at life. I only wish that my son had lived as long as Eliot - he is the most precious baby, and his family is inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about your son, but I'm so glad that you did what you did, no matter how difficult it was. You are such a great mother. And any future children will be lucky to be able to call you "mom". :)

    ReplyDelete

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
-Dr. Seuss