Friday, May 10, 2013

Military Spouse Appreciation Day


Today is Military Spouse Appreciation Day, so I want to give a little shout out to all of my fellow military spouses out there... because, let's be honest... nothing about being a military spouse is easy. We are separated from our loved ones for months at a time, often feeling like single parents. Our reality is counting down the months, weeks, and days until your spouse comes home from deployment, while anxiously praying that they are safe. It isn't easy, but we continue to stand strong, no matter how many times they deploy. My husband was wounded in Iraq, but he is still here with us today. My heart goes out to all those wives whose husbands never made it home. Every day that I get to wrap my arms around my husband, or watch him playing with my boys, I feel blessed. I am thankful. God is good. ♥ 

God bless all the military families out there- you are amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
-Dr. Seuss