Thursday, May 9, 2013

We're back, Jack!

In case you didn't already notice, by looking at my poor, neglected blog... I took a much needed blogging hiatus. I had no idea how long it would last, or whether I would ever return to blogging. Blogging just lost its appeal after Emmett was born. It was starting to feel like more of a job than a hobby. So, I took an unannounced break. Sorry for that.








I'm back, but I'm going to be taking this blog in a bit of a different direction. The very first picture on this post is a picture of me, and only me. No kids, no belly. If you find that a little strange, that's probably because I don't think I have EVER posted a picture that didn't have something to do with pregnancy or my babies- because that's all I really saw this blog as- a baby blog. Well, that's about to change. Don't worry, there will still be plenty of pictures of the boys, but there will also be posts that have nothing to do with them. I've been so engrossed in being a mother over the last few years, that it's time for me to focus on myself a bit, too.

Lately, things have really been changing in our household. There are BIG plans in the works. When I say big, I mean huge, enormous, GIGANTIC plans. Our lives will soon be changing in ways that we can only imagine right now. I am very much looking forward to our future, and I plan to record every part of the adventure we will soon be embarking on in this blog. For now, all I can do is plan, wait, and enjoy our life here in Texas with my husband and two little boys.


Speaking of those boys- they have been doing a lot of changing lately, too. Elliot had tubes put in his ears, which corrected his hearing, and lead to a literal vocabulary explosion. Although he was once behind in his speech, he is not anymore. He says so many new words and phrases a day now that when his speech therapist asks what is new at each weekly appointment, I can't even begin to remember it all.


We celebrated Emmett's first birthday with a rainbow themed party last weekend. How is he already one? My head spins when I think about it. He is now walking all over the place, saying words, pushing cars around, tackling his big brother... you know, doing all those normal ONE YEAR OLD boy things. But he hasn't lost his attachment to his mama, or his love of nursing and cuddling. I know he will eventually grow out of it, but he is still Mama's Little Cuddlebug, and I think he will stay that way for awhile still. I intend to fully enjoy every minute of it while it lasts.

One more picture from Emmett's cake smash. Don't worry- he'll get his own birthday post soon.

So, are you ready to read and watch as our little family of four's life gets turned upside down? Good. Grab your hat, because things are about to get a little crazy around here...  

4 comments:

  1. Yayyy! SO excited. They are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you back!
    Those boys are HUGE!!

    Looking forward to some more posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're back, can't wait to find out just what all those changes are! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh hey wow! You're back! But I do know what you mean! Somedays I feel like blogging is a task... so I've been slowing down... doing it when I want and taking a break when I want. It was always about documenting things for my kids later in life anyway - so if I lose the interest of some people oh well! :)
    Glad you are takig time for yourself - we only get one life- enjoy it! Can't wait to see what changes are coming! And look at your boys- they are getting SO big! Emmett is a year old? Really?? Woah man! Happy bday to him!

    I am about to pop- I'm 38 weeks pregnant and having my csection on thursday - Its been a long rough pregnancy and I'm looking forward to it being over and welcoming our son into the world! I would think once I get all the baby posts out of the way, I'll be takng some time for me too - I can relate!

    ReplyDelete

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
-Dr. Seuss