Now, if you are expecting me to go on and on about how much I love fall... you're on the wrong blog. I hate fall. Absolutely LOATHE it.
Let me give you some reasons why:
- You know all those pretty colors that everyone oohs and ahhs about? To me, red and orange and yellow and brown leaves are not pretty. I see them for exactly what they are- dead. What's to love about a season where everything around you is DYING?
- My favorite thing about nature is the color GREEN: Green grass, green leaves, green trees. Fall zaps all the "green" out of everything :(
- Fall in northern Michigan is like a fleeting, pretty moment before winter... when everything will be buried under snow... for over six months.
- Raking the yard is always a losing battle. I don't know about you, but after I've been working all day, I like to feel a sense of accomplishment. And, when a gust of wind scatters 1,000 leaves all over your freshly raked yard... that's just not cool.
- My nose and knuckles are always chapped in fall. Ouch.
- Fall = the season of runny noses and colds.
- I just DON'T like it!
It took me far longer to type out that list than it would for you to click below and vote for me... ;)