Tuesday, October 19, 2010

29 weeks

29 weeks
"Your baby is growing rapidly now. This week he weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is getting bigger to accommodate his growing brain – which is busy developing billions of neurons. Every day, about 200 milligrams of calcium is deposited in your baby's skeleton, which is now hardening. With this rapid growth, it's no surprise that your baby's nutritional needs reach their peak during this trimester."

How far along? 29 weeks
Baby’s Size: He should weigh about 2 1/2 pounds now (as much as a butternut squash). But I'll be happy to hear if he's at least made it to 2 at my ultrasound this week.
Total Weight Gain: I'll know on Monday, after my next OB appointment. My scale at home always says a significantly lower number than the one at the doctors'... but since I've been going off their scale so far, I'll just continue to do so.
Bellybutton: It's stretched out to the max, but still an innie. I'm starting to wonder if it'll ever really pop out, or if it'll be this strange GIANT shallow innie forever?
Stretchmarks: I found a few very light pink stretchmarks on my butt the other day :( But hey, as long as they stay away from my belly, I'll be happy. Nobody sees my butt anyway, except my husband. And he's thrilled to hear that I might actually HAVE a butt the next time I see him. haha.
Maternity Clothes: Can't live without them.
Gender: A stubborn baby boy.
Movement: Not as much lately. This kid confuses me. Last week, he was having all-day dance parties. And now? His movements are much more subdued and less frequent. I'm glad I'm having another ultrasound on Thursday, so I can make sure he's okay.
Sleep: Still sleeping pretty well- we've started using our wood stove at my dad's, and the delicious campfire-y smell and my warm toasty bed are a perfect recipe for sleep.
Symptoms: Back pain, swollen ankles and fingers (I'm wondering how much longer I'll be able to wear my wedding ring!), frequent trips to the bathroom (it's like the first trimester all over again), and occasional heartburn. Oh, and a ravenous appetite.
Food Aversions: ?
Food Cravings: Nothing TOO crazy. Sweet foods, perhaps. Let me clarify: when I say sweet foods, I mean desserts. My stepmother is fond of adding brown sugar to carrots and squash and other vegetables. YUCK!
Best Moments this week: Watching things disappear off my registry. I have such generous family and friends!
What I miss: Bedrest is really starting to get to me. I miss my daily runs. Running in this crisp fall weather is my favorite.
What I am Looking forward to: My ultrasound the day after tomorrow. I just REALLY hope that my fluid levels are better this time.
Milestones: So so close to 30 weeks. For some reason, having Elliot at 30 or 31 or 32 weeks (or later!) sounds so much better than in the 20's. I'm really hoping my fluid levels are back to normal and he can keep cooking for awhile longer.

As always, I love votes! With the recent reset, I really think more people will have the opportunity to find my blog and learn about gastroschisis.
Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!

3 comments:

  1. Oooh! You're only 11 weeks away from D-Day. And though it may not feel like it, time will go by quicker than you could ever imagine! Sorry to hear about the swelling... I stopped being able to wear my wedding rings around 33ish weeks. But I got them back on only a few weeks after giving birth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all goes well with the US.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoo-RAY for another week down! Stay in there Elliot!!

    ReplyDelete

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
-Dr. Seuss