Monday, March 28, 2011

Caution: Sickness ahead

We are STILL sick.
The good news is that Elliot seems to have finally gotten over his stomach virus. The bad news? He now has a pretty nasty cold. He was up almost all night crying again {just when I was finally catching up on my sleep}. Who knew a cold could be so tragic?! Of course, it didn't help that my aspirator basically stopped working so his nose was plugged up with green mucus {gross, I know} and we ran out of infant Advil. My mom thankfully went out and bought a bunch of stuff first thing this morning, so we seem to have the cold under control now. He HATES getting his nose sucked out, though!
To top it all off, my sore throat turned into a cough that scares the beejeezus out of Elliot in the middle of the night. I swear, every time his eyes closed, I coughed and woke him up again. At least I have my voice back, though... Elliot was creeped out by my muteness. I'm one of those moms who never stops talking to her baby... I talk him through everything we do. IE- "let's go change your diaper," "hold on, mommy's getting it," "here's your paci," etc. About a month ago, after I'd already been talking him through things for weeks, I read that it encourages language skills, so that's a plus. BUT when I lost my voice, Elliot kept looking at me, expecting me to say something, and it broke my heart.
Well, at least we're not missing anything outside, really... It was below zero last night and is still freezing out so it's not like I'd want to take Elliot anywhere anyways. I just want my happy, laid-back baby back!!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

8 comments:

  1. Rylin and I have had a cold for almost a week now! I am soooo over it! She hates the booger sucker and now all the phlegm is in her throat and I feel so bad cause there is nothing I can do but run the vaporizer and keep on sucking them boogers out!!! I hope u and E feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rylin and I have had a cold for almost a week now! I am soooo over it! She hates the booger sucker and now all the phlegm is in her throat and I feel so bad cause there is nothing I can do but run the vaporizer and keep on sucking them boogers out!!! I hope u and E feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. poor elliot! i hope you both get to feeling better.

    i talked to my oldest all the time when he was a baby, and now he never stops talking. if he's not talking to me, his daddy, or owsley, he's talking to himself. but i like it, because at least now i'm not talking to myself!

    i tell owsley everything too, so i wonder if he'll talk as much as his older brother, or if he won't talk at all because gage will say everything for him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sicknesses are just hanging around extra good right now.

    I hope you guys get well soon! and that your weather warms up. I don't know about you, but I am over winter and so ready for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw just the thought of him looking at you like "hey mom why aren't you telling me what we are doing" made me feel sad LOL pregnant hormones im blaming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you guys feel better soon :( Marshall and I are just getting over our colds and its been almost 3 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Corbe.n use to scream like I was killing him when I would use the nasal aspirator and now if anything even touches his nose he's so upset... UNTIL I get this electric aspirator from Babies R Us. It even plays 12 different tunes while it does it's business. C LOVES IT! He smiles now when he gets his snot evacuated. I consider it a must have item.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I truly beleive constantly and consitantly talking to your child does develope language skills, I was the same way with my daughter from conception on and by six months she was taking by a year full sentances and at 4 1/2 she uses phrases and words most 10 year olds don't use, and not only does she use them she understands them. I am trying to think of an example, but can't right now. She says some of the funniest and cutest things ever. She also has some of the clearest speech I have ever heard a 2-3-4 year old have. By 18 months she was singing her ABC's perfectly and by 2 she could count to 10 at 4 1/2 now she counts to 100, knows all the provinces of Canada in order, all her colours, can add and subtract small numbers ect. She is still learning to read but that's pretty much the thing I worry about the most her going to school without right now but we luckly still have till september to work on that! :)

    ReplyDelete

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
-Dr. Seuss