Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Elliot: 3 Months!

Elliot is 3 months old today!
This means that he is "officially" an infant now and is no longer a newborn. Where does the time go?! He is changing so quickly these days- just a few days ago, he figured out how to touch/bat at the toys on his bouncy seat, and today he just discovered his feet. It seems like he does something new every day!

DSCN3189_edited-3

This month:
♥ Elliot weighs about 10 1/2 lbs
♥ He is wearing 0-3 month sleepers, mostly 0-3 month onesies, newborn tops/hoodies, and newborn pants
♥ He is eating 3 ounces every 2 hours during the day and 2 ounces every 1-3 hours at night
♥ He is still waking up 5-8 times a night
♥ He is starting to be a little more independent and enjoys sitting/playing in his bouncy seat
♥ He naps by himself during the day, as opposed to only sleeping while being held
♥ He discovered his feet- and likes to watch them move
♥ He is EXTREMELY drooly and always has his hands in his mouth
♥ He LOVES loud music and the bathroom fan
♥ He smiles all the time and will smile in response to things {funny noises, playing paddycake, kisses, etc}
♥ He looks for me when I leave the room
♥ He knows that running water = bottle and will stop crying because he knows what's coming- or sometimes, when it's not even close to feeding time, if he hears water running, he'll demand a bottle even if he's not very hungry
♥ He recognizes and loves his Uncle Matthew
♥ We are still cosleeping and cloth diapering, and we love it

{See Elliot at 2 Months}

20 comments:

  1. I have been reading your blog for some time now but don't comment much (If at all). But I just have to tell you today that this child of yours is such a blessing. He is SO DARN CUTE!! Just wanted to let you know that although I am a stranger, I do read your blog and think you are doing an amazing job with Ellot! God bless you and your family.

    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 3 months Elliot!
    I remember when Julianna discovered her feet - I sware it's one of my favorite memories of her mielstones. It's so cute when they play with their toes and even better suck on their feet (gross, I know, but still cute!) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's getting so big! And, he's just so cute! I love his diaper too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. :] Happy Happy 3 Months, Elliot!!! I can't believe how big he's gotten. It's amazing how quick they grow up.
    I'm STILL waiting for L to discover her feet. For some reason, I am so excited for that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is he! He is so long and skinny! I love it.

    Happy 3 months Elliot! It's so crazy how fast it goes huh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 3 months! What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable!! Glad to see he is doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy 3 months elliot! and wow... 5-8 times a night?? is he hungry each time??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, happy 3 months Elliot! ♥ Love his diaper cover :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy 3 months Elliot!! You look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. can ypu believe your little man is in infant! awww...he is just adorable and I am loving that picture in your header.

    ReplyDelete
  12. are you kidding me?! he is too cute- seriously. gah!

    kudos kid :)

    and we slill co-sleep, in fact, we still bedshare! she's starting to take up room though- i may have to kick her out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 3 months is a great age, it seems like that's when they really start to take more notice of the world around them. I'm hoping he'll start sleeping longer through the night for you because a mama needs her rest.

    I remember thinking that if my husband wasn't home at the time I had my daughter (he's Navy), I know I could do it but it's like being a single mom. I can't wait to hear when all of you will be together again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. he is so cute! three months was one of my favorite ages with our henry. they start being so much more aware of their surroundings and it's just awesome! loving the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jess,
    We will never meet, but I wanted you to know how much your blog blesses me with each post. Your faith is remarkable and your little man is sooo precious! You guys are in my prayers and I pray God continues to do a mighty work in little Elliot's life.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
-Dr. Seuss