Friday, March 25, 2011

Sick sick baby

Hi everyone!
In case you were wondering... Yes, we are alive! Elliot did really well traveling and despite all the different people and places we visited, he was a perfect angel the whole weekend. Seriously! People on the plane commented on how good he was and several of my relatives even asked me if he ever cries!
We came home on Monday afternoon and that's when things started to go downhill. Elliot started screaming like crazy and stopped taking his bottles. After he went twelve hours without eating {he usually eats every 1-2 hours, mind you} I took him to the emergency room at 3am. I couldn't get ahold of our family doctor and our neighbors were probably about to call DHS because it sounded like we were torturing him so I didn't know what else to do. I was terrified that something had gone wrong in his belly or intestines.
Turns out, poor Elliot has a pretty nasty virus that has invaded most of his digestive tract and respiratory system. After four days of drinking nothing but pedialyte and MANY dirty diapers {our first experience with baby diarrhea... Yuck!} he is finally starting to eat formula again. He's still pretty out of it but at least he's actually sleeping and not crying as much now.
I caught a bit of the bug myself so after I hopefully get some rest tonight I will probably dump a bunch of St. Paddy's Day pictures on here tomorrow.
I'm pretty sure this was what we got in return for having such a perfect baby on vacation... lol.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

7 comments:

  1. Aww I'm sorry! I hope he feels better soon! Baby diarrhea is not fun at all!!

    The Sweetest Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Poor Elliot :( I hope he feels better soon and you too! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you guys recover quickly!
    Glad to hear that vacation was successful at least!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor baby :( Hope the both of you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww... I hope he feels better soon. A sick baby is no fun at all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm happy that you had such a great trip, but I'm so sorry to hear that you guys got sick :(. I hope that you get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor little sweetheart! Glad he's back on the mend.

    ReplyDelete

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
-Dr. Seuss