Wednesday, March 28, 2012

I'll miss this

Photobucket

Elliot woke up from his morning nap yesterday to a pleasant surprise- Daddy had come home for lunch!

Photobucket
... and he was taking a nap, too!!

Photobucket
So he decided to cuddle up on the couch with him for awhile.

Photobucket


Photobucket
But soon it was time for him to go back to work.

Photobucket
Where did he go?

Photobucket

Photobucket
The thought that he might do this, look and wait and wonder where Daddy went and when he's coming back, breaks my heart into a million pieces. Before, when Aaron deployed, I only had to worry about myself. Now, I'm not the only one getting left behind.

Photobucket
... and let's not forget about THIS little guy, either. He won't even meet his father until he is probably 6+ months old!

You know what I'll miss the most? The simple things. Watching Aaron and Elliot cuddle and play and laugh together. Doing things as a family. Just being together, even if we aren't doing anything at all. Nothing makes me happier.

All the more reason to enjoy our last weeks, days, and minutes together! :)

8 comments:

  1. love the pictures jess. i do feel for you. as soon as sully comes though the time will fly by having two to run around after. i bet aaron is just as cut up about it as you are. all your followers are behind you and will help you through this especially me xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful pictures. absolutely beautiful. praying for you and the fam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so sweet... I just can't get over that you will be bringing sully into the world without Aaron.

    ReplyDelete
  4. these pictures are adorable!! I hate that Aaron has to leave :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know how you do it! You're so, so, so, so strong! I don't think I could, and I admire our strength!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the comment from Sarah took the words right out of my mouth. You are so strong!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So heartbreaking. I'm not looking forward to explaining to Marshall why his daddy has to leave for weeks at a time...

    ReplyDelete

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
-Dr. Seuss