Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Day Seven.

First of all, Elliot's surgery is tomorrow! So since he's probably going to be swollen and on the ventilator for Christmas, our nurse let us put a Christmas hat on him and take down his silo for a few Christmas pictures.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Please keep Elliot in your thoughts and prayers tomorrow. Hopefully all will go well- I'll update tomorrow night to let you know how he's doing. I'm NERVOUS and not looking forward to seeing my little man on the ventilator and in pain.
In other news, we met another couple with a gastroschisis baby last night. Their son Andy is eleven days old and had his first surgery a few days ago. They said he's doing well but to be prepared for a rough few days after the surgery. Our nursery also got flooded with new babies and one of them is also a gastroschisis baby. It makes me wonder how many more there are in the seven other NICU nurseries?

Here's one last cute picture from today.
Photobucket

As always, votes are appreciated! We have a new button as well- feel free to steal it :)
Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!

18 comments:

  1. What great pictures! That's crazy that there are more gastroschisis babies there. You guys will be in my prayers tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so handsome!! You guys are in my prayers... (and how do I put the button on my blog?? anyone?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so beautiful! He will be in our prayers tomorrow for a smooth surgery and a fast recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will have you and baby Elliot in my prayers tomorrow and for days to come! Hope it goes smoothly and he heals quickly. He is absolutely adorable by the way :) God bless and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayin for you guys!!!! He is so precious!!!! Just a little gift! Everything is gonna go smoothly, just keep looking forward and not dwelling to hard in what has already happened...it's tough, you guys are gonna do great and Elliot is gonna make one hell of a recovery!!! I already know it. God Bless your family!!! Merry Merry Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas Elliot! He looks so handsome in his hat, and he's so alert! I will have him and you in my thoughts together and send wishes of health and a speedy recovery for your brave little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is just adorable! Good luck with surgery tomorrow, you all will be in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jess - I will definitely have you guys in my thoughts tomorrow! Elliot is in good hands and will be okay!

    Noah sends Christmas hugs to Elliot!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is too precious. I hope that your friendship with the family that has the 11 year old buds into something beautiful - I think that could be really helpful for you and Aaron.

    I'll keep your little Elliot in my prayers tomorrow. Well, your whole family in my prayers but mostly for a safe and uncomplicated surgery for Mr. Elliot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh he is absolutely precious! Will keep him and you in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'll be praying for your little man tomorrow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sending prayers and healing vibes to your sweet Elliot. He sure is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You guys will be in my prayers.

    He is sooo cute, Jess! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love his little hat! You, Elliot,and your family will be in my thoughts. <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. he is adorable! keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww. He is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a sweet face! It's so awesome that you have other people to talk to about it. I'll be thinking of him and sending all of the positive energy I can

    ReplyDelete
  18. sweet pictures...praying for all of you :)

    with love,
    Samarah

    ReplyDelete

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
-Dr. Seuss