Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The most wonderful time of the year

Yesterday, we put up our Christmas tree. I really tried to enjoy the moment, because I have no idea when I'll be able to be home for the holidays again. Probably not for awhile!
I definitely got my love of Christmas from my mom. December was the best month in our house. It was filled with Christmas music, twinkling lights, cookies, and the smell of a fresh pine tree. It wasn't even about the presents- it was just the happy Christmas spirit. It was contagious!
Next year, Elliot will be one whole year old. I hope he learns to love Christmas as much as I do!
This truly is the best time of year!

Photobucket

Photobucket
My {not so little} brother Matthew, who will be turning 14 in just a few short months.

Photobucket
My stepbrother Ethan.

Photobucket
Can you tell what team we root for around here? :)

Photobucket
Seth is obsessed with John Deere. He was figuring out the perfect place to hang his tractor ornaments.

Happy December, everyone!
We're in the middle of a big snowstorm- and it's only supposed to get worse. Hopefully the roads aren't TOO terrible for our drive down to Grand Rapids tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. I love that pink shirt you are wearing. I had one just like it my first pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're getting our tree on Friday. I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the tree ornaments. :)

    Yeah, next christmas, your little man can open his own presents too. :)

    ReplyDelete

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
-Dr. Seuss