Tuesday, November 30, 2010

35 WEEKS!

"Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete – he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight."


How far along? THIRTY-FIVE WEEKS!? If you would've told me that I'd still be pregnant at this point a couple months ago, I would have laughed in your face. And now... here I am! Wow!
Baby’s Size: He's {supposed} to be over FIVE pounds now... we'll just have to wait and see on Thursday!
Total Weight Gain: 36 lbs.
Bellybutton: I really need to get a picture of it. It's so cute, guys- really. About as far "out" as it'll go, I think.
Stretchmarks: On my butt, of course... but I also spotted what I THINK is a new one coming in on my left side, right about where my waistband is. Oh no! They're spreading! I'm addicted to Palmer's Belly Butter and Mama Bee Balm by Burt's Bees. Just as long as they stay away from my belly, I'll be happy.
Maternity Clothes: I'm getting REALLY frustrated with how shirts fit me these days- even my maternity shirts, the ones that used to be like long tunics, are getting too short to really wear with leggings. Of course, I've been wearing them anyways... forcing people to look at my gigantic preggo butt. I think, depending on what they tell me at my appointment Thursday, that I might HAVE to go out a buy a few more shirts, as much as I don't want to.
Gender: Boy: Elliot Reid
Movement: He likes to freak me out by not moving practically all day and then he gets a little burst of energy at night. He is getting the hiccups about 10x a day now, though... so that's reassuring. I don't like going so long without feeling anything from him. I really think there may be something going on with his bowel that is making him uncomfortable... he hardly kicks anymore. Just moves.
Sleep: I have woken up several nights this week suddenly RAVENOUSLY hungry. So I make a quick snack {usually a peanut butter sandwich}, and then I'm up battling heartburn for awhile before I can fall back asleep.
Symptoms: I've been having a lot of pressure in my crotch and bum- not exactly painful, but the type of pressure that just makes you constantly AWARE of your crotch. Now, let me tell you, it is a straaaange feeling. I've also been battling heartburn and acid reflux, which I really haven't had much of since the first trimester. And the BACK PAIN: don't even get me started on that!
Food Aversions: I really, really could live without meat these days.
Food Cravings: I am just SO hungry 24/7. I literally wake up in the middle of the night and it feels like my stomach is eating itself. My doc said it's because, since I'm nearing the end of this pregnancy, my metabolism is speeding up. Now, to normal people, that would probably be great news: but I already have an outrageously high metabolism as it is. I can't keep up with it!
Best Moments this week: This was a pretty uneventful week for me. I've been packing my hospital bags {I have to pack a lot more than the average person since I'll be down there for so long}.
What I miss: Clothes that FIT ME and look nice. I'm to the point now where even my maternity shirts just look kind of awkward on me.
What I am Looking forward to: we're putting up the CHRISTMAS TREE today and then my LAST big appointment and ultrasound in Grand Rapids is THURSDAY! I'm in the home stretch of this pregnancy now and I can hardly believe it. I feel like just yesterday I was in the first trimester, and still clueless about Elliot's condition. And now here we are! About to HAVE A BABY! I'm excited but I'm also starting to get more nervous as time flies by.
Milestones: Just a tiny bit over a month from my due date. Elliot has a good chance of weighing FIVE POUNDS! I remember when we were hoping to get him up to THREE!

Have a few seconds to vote today? :)
Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!

12 comments:

  1. I was addicted to Mama Bee! However...i only had like one tiny strech mark on my belly....until after I had aydan. And then WHAM! a ton! but they are really light and fading....hope that doesn't happent to you :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for 35 weeks!! Have fun putting up your tree! I remember how hilarious it was when I tried to help put up our tree last year (I was 35+ preg). My big ol' belly got in the way so much. He he.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! :-) It is so amazing and so wonderful that you've made it this far! I am getting excited to to meet your little guy...hehe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 35 weeks Mama! I'm so proud of you and Elliot for hanging in there and I'm still praying that you have a short NICU stay. Bunny doesn't kick that often either, she wiggles and rolls a lot. My midwife said it's due to the fact that they're running out of room in there. Five pounds is great! I still can't believe we're in the homestretch! Woo-hoo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just gave you the Versatile Blogger Award - view my newest post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats on making it to 35 weeks! that's so exciting!

    Grayson came during my 35th week... I knew he was coming too... spidey sense or something. I used to get freaked out when he wouldn't move too... I could not STAND meat towards the end of my pregnancy. you sound a lot like me! :)

    I hope your next u/s goes well. looking forward to hearing more...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good on you two!

    Can't wait to see some pictures of you and the little guy out in the world. Hope you get some heartburn relief.

    Christmas trees are exciting. I'm not really sure when to put ours up. When I was little we waited till the school holidays but there is no definite line like that anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're almost there! :)

    I love feeling the hiccups when I was pregnant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my gosh, i am so proud of elliot for stayin in his mama's belly for this long!! almost full term! woooohoooo!! :)

    can't wait to hear how your appointment goes on thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so happy you made it this far along. Every day makes for a stronger baby--- I can't tell you how worried I was when you thought he'd be born late Oct/eary Nov. Keep taking care of yourself and growing that perfect little lad of yours!

    ReplyDelete

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
-Dr. Seuss