Saturday, November 20, 2010

A letter to Elliot

Dear Elliot,
This pregnancy has really been flying by lately. We had your baby shower last weekend, and wow- you are loved, little man. You received so many beautiful gifts! We have everything we will need for you- and most of it is ready and waiting for you to come home.
It's probably only a few short weeks until I will finally get to meet you! Lately, I can't stop thinking about how amazing it will be to see and hold you for the first time. I'm constantly wondering what you will look like. I have a feeling that you will have a full head of dark hair like your daddy did when he was born. What color are your eyes?
According to an eye color predictor that I did online, you have a 50% chance of having brown eyes, 31.2% chance of having green eyes, and 18.7% chance of having blue eyes. I hope you have your daddy's green eyes- but it doesn't really matter. I will love you no matter what.
Remember that deal we made a few weeks ago? Well, it looks like you might still be in my belly for Thanksgiving- so I guess I better hold up my end of the deal and eat tons of turkey, stuffing, and mashed potatoes for you. If you're like me, you will LOVE it.
Hang in there, son. Just a few more weeks and you can venture out into this world!
Love,
Mommy

4 comments:

  1. This is so sweet!! Baby showers are awesome aren't they? Of course, the gifts are awesome. But mostly I just love being surrounded by friends and family and people that care about me and my babe!
    So glad you got everything you need to welcome little Elliot into the world! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's a lucky little boy to enter the world to so much love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sweet! I can't believe your almost there...wow...time flies by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beyond sweet,. I'm so excited for you! I can't believe it's so soon.

    ReplyDelete

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
-Dr. Seuss