Tuesday, November 23, 2010

34 weeks!

"Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers – which she'll need to regulate her body temperature once she's born – are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies."

How far along? 34 weeks!
Baby’s Size: Probably weighs as much as a small cantaloupe since every other baby at this stage is the weight of a regular sized one. :)
Total Weight Gain: Not sure... I'll find out tomorrow.
Bellybutton: It's so cute right now. Actually, I think my WHOLE BELLY is adorable at the moment... I always cringe when they show mamas' bellies on A Baby Story because they always seem to be covered in hair or stretchmarks and have a gross bellybutton or super dark line running up the center... and mine is just perfectly round and smooth. I don't even have a linea negra!
Stretchmarks: Still just on my butt.
Maternity Clothes: 100%... and I really really want more, but I'm trying to resist buying any because I'd probably only get to wear them for a couple more weeks.
Gender: Boy, boy, boy.
Movement: He's been a lot less active lately. I think it may be related to the fact that I've been having so many contractions lately. I don't think he likes them because he NEVER moves during them.
Sleep: I fall asleep SO QUICKLY these days... which is wonderful because normally {when I'm not pregnant} it takes me AGES to fall asleep. I've been waking up at least three or four times a night to pee, though.
Symptoms: Nothing new, except that the last couple days my contractions have become painful whereas before they were just uncomfortable. I've been feeling a lot of pressure in my butt lately, too- not in my crotch, where I would have expected it.
Food Aversions: ?
Food Cravings: I have been EXTRA thirsty lately and I seem to always be snacking because my tummy starts growling again only an hour or so after I eat.
Best Moments this week: Getting to spend time with my sister-in-law and the rest of Aaron's family :) We also put together Elliot's crib and walking by it every day makes me SO HAPPY! It looks super cute.
What I miss: Being able to sit comfortably. No matter what I do, the underwire on my bras and the waistline of my maternity pants dig into my belly and it's sooo uncomfortable. I'm actually more comfy standing up, except that it makes my feet swell more and... obviously I can't just stand around all day long.
What I am Looking forward to: I have an OB appointment tomorrow and then my LAST big appointment and ultrasound in Grand Rapids next week!
Milestones: I absolutely cannot believe I'm 34 weeks pregnant. Elliot will be here within the next three weeks most likely- now THAT is crazy. I really don't have much time left of being pregnant!

8 comments:

  1. YAY, Im so happy you have made it this far!!! Less time fore Elliot in the NICU!! Good Luck at your appt tomorrow, I have my 33 week appt tomorrow! We always seel to have appts on the same days ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I'm so happy to be this far along :) Be sure to update after your appt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on 34 weeks! That's so fantastic. You're at the point where other than the Gastoschisis, he hopefully shouldn't have too many troubles do to early birth. My little Eliot was born at 35 weeks, and was a super healthy little baby.

    And oh, I still get so happy just looking at his crib, the joy of it has not gone away. There are few things sweeter than a baby crib!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uhhh, why don't we have a picture of the super cute crib?!

    Congrats on 34wks, I know how huge of a milestone this is for you two!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, he will be here soon! :)
    Get your hospital bag ready!

    ReplyDelete
  6. With my first I didn't get the dark line until after the baby was born but it went away quickly.

    Glad you and baby are doing so well!

    ReplyDelete

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
-Dr. Seuss