Monday, November 29, 2010

Tensions between North & South Korea

In case you didn't know, my husband is currently in South Korea. I'm not sure if you've been following the news, but North Korea has been doing some pretty shady things lately- such as sinking ships and attacking islands, killing South Korean soldiers and civilians. Because of all that is going on, my husband's platoon has been on alert, and soldiers are not allowed to take passes or leave until further notice.
So that basically kills my hope of Aaron being able to be home for our son's birth. The only way he can come home is on emergency leave- once I'm already in labor. And it'll take at least twenty-four hours for him to get back into the states.

Here are some articles about what is going on:
'Crisis Status' in South Korea After North Shells Island
South Korea Reassesses Its Defenses After Attack
In South Korea, New Stirrings for Revenge
South Korea Warns North Against New Attack

Please pray for Aaron's safety {and that he can come home soon!}

12 comments:

  1. Just sent up a prayer for your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so scary! I will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow, this just gave me goosebumps. i am so sorry jess! here's to hoping you have a 48 hour labor ;)

    praying for you & your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry Jess. I've been wondering about this. Big hugs to you! I know you have an amazing support system with your family so I hope that helps you. You, Elliot, and your husband, Aaron are in my thoughts as always. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh No! Oh I hope it all calms down soon and that he can come home. Or I hope you have a loooong labour. (Something I would not wish on someone normally.) A long and painless one so he can be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying and praying for you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  7. prayin hard for you dear! I can't even begin to imagine what you're dealing with emotionally. It's gonna be alright tho. God has this awesome way of working the details together. It's gonna be okay.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will be praying for you and your family. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll be praying for you guys! I can't imagine...I agree with the other girls, praying for a long and painless labor. (or for hubby to be able to come home quickly!) Praying!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thankyou guys! I really appreciate it!
    And you guys crack me up- this is probably the ONLY time that someone would actually HOPE for a long labor ;) haha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so sorry to hear that husand won't make it....but like everyone else saud...maybe a long labor? Praying for you and hubby

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh am I so sorry to hear that your husband won't be able to make it home in time for Ellliots birth. Stay strong and I'll be thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
-Dr. Seuss