Tuesday, November 9, 2010

32 weeks!

"By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb."


How far along? 32 weeks!
Baby’s Size: Well, he weighed 3 lbs 1 oz the other day... hopefully he's gained a couple more ounces since then?
Bellybutton: It's almost flat now... a really shallow innie.
Stretchmarks: An army of stretchies has taken up camp on my butt. They better not try to cross into enemy territory (aka my thighs, hips, or belly) or else it will be WAR!!
Maternity Clothes: Absolutely. Most of my maternity shirts that used to be super long hardly cover my butt now... which annoys me because leggings are sooo much more comfy than jeans... but I don't really like my (bigger) butt being exposed for everyone to see.
Gender: No doubt about it. He wasn't shy at my ultrasound... DEFINITELY a boy.
Movement: He's pretty sleepy all day long, but come bedtime... watch out! He always gets a sudden burst of energy the moment I lay down.
Sleep: Not horrible, but not great, either.
Symptoms: This pregnancy has gave me a new appreciation for those with chronic backpain. I have back problems to begin with, but it NEVER hurt as bad as it does now. Also- my ankles are completely gone. I now have very swollen cankles. And my knees are starting to swell as well. Oh joy.
Food Aversions: Meat and I still aren't getting along.
Food Cravings: Fruit has been my friend lately. And I've been craving orange juice a lot, too.
Best Moments this week: My appointment in Grand Rapids. We FINALLY got a peek at his face on the 3D ultrasound, and to everyone's surprise, he was MUCH bigger than expected. :)
What I miss: My anklebones.
What I am Looking forward to: BABYSHOWER ON SATURDAY!! Also, I finally decided on and ordered a new camera- and it's supposed to come tomorrow. I can't wait to start using it!
Milestones: I made it to 32 weeks. I made it to 32 weeks. I made it to 32 weeks. Can you tell I'm excited? All along, they've told me that if I could make it this far, Elliot would have a very good chance of being able to breathe on his own. But they didn't think I'd make it. And now- here I am :) Now let's see if I can make it to my next goal- Thanksgiving.

Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com

Could you do me a favor and vote for me? It only takes a few seconds, and you can vote once a day.
Now that I'm in the homestretch, Elliot could literally be here any day now and once he's born... there's the potential for TONS of people to learn about his condition, gastroschisis.

8 comments:

  1. holy cow the weeks are flying by! elliot is being such a good by staying all tucked away in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops, that's supposed to say "elliot is being such a good BOY..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot! Woot! Look at you at 32 weeks! So happy for you and still praying for you both. God is so faithful and so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the cankles! I am so happy that he grew so much and that you're already at 32 weeks. HOLY GEEZ-we're 32 weeks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so proud of you and Elliot and so thankful to God for doing such unexpected things.

    32 weeks is great. Even if it comes with cankles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am following your blog regularly and got great information. I really like the information about the pregnancy you have given. Thanks a lot for sharing.
    maternity jeans

    ReplyDelete
  7. Almost there- the home stretch! Don't you love the baby-fruit comparisons? Your baby is a really big fruit by now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all of your pregnancy clothes link resources. As I am nearing the end of my pregnancy, I would like to know how to convert some of my favorite mat pants and skirts into regular clothing.
    pregnancy fashion

    ReplyDelete

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
-Dr. Seuss