Friday, December 31, 2010

Days fifteen & sixteen: Gammy visits.

My mom came down yesterday, stayed the night, and left again today. She got to spend some time with a very cranky Elliot yesterday. His tummy was hurting him really badly and nothing we did helped. He spent most of the time we were there screaming.
But today was a different story. They turned off the suction on his repogle tube and with the help of a suppository, Elliot POOPED! I've never been so happy to see poop in my life! His nurse said that hopefully he'll poop again today and then maybe we can start feeds tomorrow! Elliot was very content today... he really enjoyed his bouncy seat and being snuggled by Gammy, Aaron, and I.

Photobucket
Elliot looking TINY in his froggy bouncer

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. He does look tiny but so cute! and hooray for poop :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year to you guys and many wonderful times to look forward to with Elliot this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it strange how we love poop when we are parents.. lol I am so happy to hear that he Pooped!! Good luck with the feedings!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job on the poop Elliot!!

    Yorlee has jaundice, so every time she poops I get super excited since it's helping the jaundice resolve itself.

    Oh, and thanks for the compliment on her name. My husband's name is Elroy, so we spelled that backwards and I added an extra 'e' to the end.

    I hope the feedings go well!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray! I bet you are looking forward to being able to feed him. That must be the best thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww yay for poop! Lol I don't think I've ever said that in my life before haha!

    The Sweetest Life

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a cutie! I am so happy that your mom came to visit and yay for poop!!
    :))
    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a 6 week old, so I often come to your blog to read and comment and then he wakes up!

    But I wanted to post that I read all of your updates and that Elliot is continually in my family's prayers. Today my 6 year old even saw your blog open on my laptop and asked how baby Elliot is doing. My husband asks all the time too.

    So glad he pooped! I have had to use suppositories with two of my newborns to get them pooping, and it seemed to do the trick- primed the pump. I hope Elliot has pooped again since your last post.

    He always looks SO sweet in your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. isn't it crazy how excited we get about poop these days! Hehe!
    oh...and that frog bouncer is so cute!!!!! (I LOVE frogs)

    ReplyDelete

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
-Dr. Seuss